I’m now a “professional” artist.
Last week one of my paintings sold – my very first sale.
Gloria and I went into our favourite coffee shop, where some of my work has been displayed over the past two or three years, and the shop owner handed me an envelope containing money. I hadn’t even noticed that the painting was missing until she told me it had been sold.
For about a month now I’ve been saying I should change the painting for another one – but kept forgetting. I’m now thankful for my forgetfulness.
This is the painting, called “Overshadowed”.
The painting contains the following symbols and text.
1) The cup of wine representing the shed blood of Jesus.
2) A doorway with blood applied to the posts and lintel (think Passover)
3) The word RE ME MB ER spread around the corners
4) The letter “Y” – a symbol I use to represent the form of the crucified Jesus
5) The image of a parrot, that I use to represent tradition and the way teachings are so often “parroted” from generation to generation.